WDW trip planning - the final countdown!

In a few days, I will finally get on that flight and land in WDW - and I can hardly wait!




By now, all my prep has been done: I've even started packing. The lists that I've been compiling for months have come in handy and everything has gone smoothly so far. I've also continued with my daily walks (although I've missed a few due to some very rainy days) but I do wonder if I should do as marathoners do and "taper" for a few days before the big race. Give my legs a break, that sort of thing...

On this trip, I will be doing a few things that I've never done in WDW before, like tour planning. I am quite curious to see how it all goes in reality if all the planning and data that I have available really does make a difference to my trip. So far, tour planning has been quite a fun activity but of course, the real test is out there, on the field as it were. I'll let you know.

I'm also doing a ticketed park event for the first time and while I was very sceptical at first, the more I read and learn about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, the more I am glad I'm doing it. I'm sure that this will be one of the highlights of my trip. 

Grocery delivery to my resort is another thing I've never done and as I haven't got a rental car for this trip, I thought it would be a good idea. Fingers crossed this all works out well and I find a small bag of goodies waiting for me on arrival at my hotel. 

The main thing I'm doing is travelling on my own, of course. I'm less worried about that than about anything else to do with this trip, including the weather (which looks pretty rainy). I've certainly travelled to other places alone before and I've even explored WDW on my own before, which I used to do a lot of when I was in the International Program. What I've never done at Disney before is spend all day on my own... and I'm really looking forward to it! My kids still haven't forgiven me for not bringing them but it is a whole week of school so no, it's not happening kids, sorry. 




I am so much looking forward to this: the parks, RetroMagic, the hotel and even the flight (a 787 Dreamliner, my favourite!) that I can barely focus on work.

But before I know it, I'll be at the airport and on my way!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog