Incredible - a scrapbooking post!

Yes, it's been a little while since I posted about scrapbooking... thing is, so many other things have been going on (races, courses, life) that I was not spending a lot of time with my photos and pretty papers and things. Other than my monthly crop I wasn't really doing much more than trying to keep up!

That changed when I went to my annual scrapbooking retreat with the lovely MK Scrappers - a whole weekend doing nothing more than scrapping, chatting and laughing with friends. These are some of the layouts I made that weekend:





I do love it when two of my 'worlds' collide and a great example are some of my layouts documenting my most recent race: the Disneyland 1/2 marathon in September:







I still have much work to do to complete the Disneyland album but now that I've started it, I feel like I've got momentum and will eventually complete it (much like I felt in the actual race!) I plan to also scrapbook photos about the rest of my trip to Disneyland and to include the vast amount of ephemera I brought back with me... I've also been given a lot of embellishments and papers from generous friends back in the USA (you know who you are!) and I am loving them! It's so nice to be able to produce such a Disney-fied album for a change, with all the Mickey cutouts, papers and lovely borders. Thanks guys - you are so kind and I am very, very grateful.

At the end of the second day, I'd produced quite a few layouts. When we are done, we put them up in boards around the room and I must say I was taking over one of them, as you can see here:

Comments

Anonymous said…
Claudia!! I totally know what you mean about scrapbooking falling to the wayside. I haven't made a new page in almost a year - A YEAR! It's ridiculous and I blame both life and improved technology that makes it easy to take photos, store them, blog about 'em, etc. But I miss playing with my papers and supplies. You've totally inspired me!

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog