Spring cleaning

The past weekend was nice and sunny around here and it all looked so nice. It sure was nice to look out the window and see the sun rather than the clouds that had been hanging around for a while now. The only downside of all that glorious sunshine is that it highlighted all the dust inside my house!

Contrary to popular belief I don't love cleaning - I just like the house to be clean. If I could I would let someone else do it but as that's not an option, I had to spend a lot of time dusting and cleaning last weekend. It was hard work but in the end I was quite proud of my very tidy lounge and dining room (I also cleaned upstairs but I'd lost a lot of enthusiasm by then so the results were not quite so stunning). Thing is, I know I'll have to do it all over again next weekend... yuck.

Why can't someone invent a self-cleaning house? I know that there are already robots that can do the vacuuming or mow the lawn but that is not helpful when I have to dust all the flat surfaces, clean the bathrooms, scrub the sinks, dust the blinds, etc. I suppose I could get a cleaner but I know that I wouldn't like the level of cleaning demonstrated (even if it was perfect I know that I would think that I could do it better) so I just roll up my sleeves and get stuck in.

At least I end up with a pretty clean house. But that's no way to spend a lovely sunny weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog