- I am so full of nervous energy it’s bizarre: I guess it’s because I’m in the taper and haven’t been running much
- Am I nervous? I guess I am a little but I am so confident that I will finish that the confidence takes over.
- Perhaps I’m being overconfident… and then a little worry starts to seep in
- I can’t think of a better place to run 42km, really. If I’ve managed quite long runs around pretty boring places in terrible weather conditions I’m sure I should be able to finish Disney
- What about the rain? It is the one weather variable that I hate to run in, and all of a sudden I have to worry about it because most forecasts call for rain on Sunday. Damn it.
- Will I be able to walk afterwards? What about the next morning? And the next? And a week after?
- We finished packing last night and it was a bit hectic and disorganized so now I have that feeling that I’ve forgotten something REALLY important. All my running stuff is there so what could that be?
- I hope work emails don’t pile up while I’m away…
- I can’t wait for that moment when the fireworks go off and the race starts! I am looking forward to running around Epcot and then heading off towards the
at dawn. Sure, it will be lunchtime before I actually get back to Epcot but who cares, right? Magic Kingdom
- I hope I don’t get hurt or injured… or too wet.
- I bet that Mickey medal is awesome; I can’t wait to get my own.
- I’m also really looking forward to Samuel’s 200 yard race. I’m sure he’ll have a great time – even more if Mickey shows up!
- I know that I’ll be going stir crazy in a couple of days just waiting for the race… or maybe I won’t because I’ll be in
by then. Florida
- I really hope I get a good night’s sleep the night before the race. But something tells me I won’t.
- I hope that all goes well with immigration at the airport. They always seem to pick on me and it’s never nice after a long flight with a toddler.
- What is that thing that I have forgotten? Why do I feel that I’ve forgotten something?
- I’m also really looking forward to the vacation part of it all, once the race is over and we head off to Ft Lauderdale. I hope the weather is nice.
- I hope I don’t cry when I have to get on the airplane to get back to the
. I really hate to leave and not know when I’ll be back. I always leave a piece of my heart in UK . Florida
- I can’t wait to be a marathoner – what an incredible thing to be. I will be so proud of myself because I set a goal and did it!
Tuesday, 8 January 2008
In my head...
Tomorrow we fly to
and then a few days after that I will be in my first marathon. I have so many thoughts about all of this that I need to write them down: Orlando