In my head...

Tomorrow we fly to Orlando and then a few days after that I will be in my first marathon. I have so many thoughts about all of this that I need to write them down:

  • I am so full of nervous energy it’s bizarre: I guess it’s because I’m in the taper and haven’t been running much
  • Am I nervous? I guess I am a little but I am so confident that I will finish that the confidence takes over.
  • Perhaps I’m being overconfident… and then a little worry starts to seep in
  • I can’t think of a better place to run 42km, really. If I’ve managed quite long runs around pretty boring places in terrible weather conditions I’m sure I should be able to finish Disney
  • What about the rain? It is the one weather variable that I hate to run in, and all of a sudden I have to worry about it because most forecasts call for rain on Sunday. Damn it.
  • Will I be able to walk afterwards? What about the next morning? And the next? And a week after?
  • We finished packing last night and it was a bit hectic and disorganized so now I have that feeling that I’ve forgotten something REALLY important. All my running stuff is there so what could that be?
  • I hope work emails don’t pile up while I’m away…
  • I can’t wait for that moment when the fireworks go off and the race starts! I am looking forward to running around Epcot and then heading off towards the Magic Kingdom at dawn. Sure, it will be lunchtime before I actually get back to Epcot but who cares, right?
  • I hope I don’t get hurt or injured… or too wet.
  • I bet that Mickey medal is awesome; I can’t wait to get my own.
  • I’m also really looking forward to Samuel’s 200 yard race. I’m sure he’ll have a great time – even more if Mickey shows up!
  • I know that I’ll be going stir crazy in a couple of days just waiting for the race… or maybe I won’t because I’ll be in Florida by then.
  • I really hope I get a good night’s sleep the night before the race. But something tells me I won’t.
  • I hope that all goes well with immigration at the airport. They always seem to pick on me and it’s never nice after a long flight with a toddler.
  • What is that thing that I have forgotten? Why do I feel that I’ve forgotten something?
  • I’m also really looking forward to the vacation part of it all, once the race is over and we head off to Ft Lauderdale. I hope the weather is nice.
  • I hope I don’t cry when I have to get on the airplane to get back to the UK. I really hate to leave and not know when I’ll be back. I always leave a piece of my heart in Florida.
  • I can’t wait to be a marathoner – what an incredible thing to be. I will be so proud of myself because I set a goal and did it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We are all proud of you!! Good luck

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog