A very productive crop!

I went to my all-day crop yesterday in Olney and had a very enjoyable and productive time. There was such nice atmosphere there yesterday and we all chatted and gossiped and created amazing layouts as well as trying some very yummy cakes) I worked mainly on my Florida album which focuses on all the other things we did while down there in January except for the marathon (because as you know that is the subject of a separate album).

Some of the pages I worked on yesterday are below.
I'm trying to stick to a very limited supply list for this album, which makes the job easier as well as creates a unified look. So the patterned paper is mainly DCWV (Pocket full of posies), the cardstock is both Bazzill and DCWV, and the chipboard flowers are Maya Road. The Journaling is on Seven Gypsies cards or using Autumn Leaves fantastic journaling stamps. I also used letter stamps from Autumn Leaves and Rusty Pickle and even some Heidi Swapp ghost letters.

This first one is simply showing the memorabilia for Samuel's 200 yard race and also a fantastic Mickey given to me by a very generous friend!


I used another one of these amazing Mickeys on the LHS of my Pop Century layout. As the hotel is full of crazy shapes and colors I tried to do the same with my layout. I spent quite a while walking around it the morning after the marathon, both taking photos for the album and also to make sure my legs didn't hate me too much after what they'd been through the previous day.

This is the RHS of the Pop Century layout, complete with memorabilia which I love to use!

The day after the marathon we checked out of the Pop Century and drove down to Kennedy Space Center where my son could enjoy the rockets and all the space stuff, so this is the first of a few layouts about this visit. I may be the first person to ever use glittery flowery paper on a NASA layout but, to me, this pattern sort of reminded me of galaxies while still tying in with the style I'm using for the album.

I had a lot of photos I took during the tour, so a double layout just for them was in order. Notice the shiny stuff on the paper, very spacey... well, that is a section I cut out of my foil marathon blanket! Creative or what?


I had seen the simply gigantic Saturn V rocket a long time ago and seeing it again reminded me of just how BIG this thing is. My son really likes rockets at the moment so this was a big moment! Here is the double layout with photos I took of the rocket, trying very hard to convey a sense of scale of just how gigantic this is.
We then spent the night in Cocoa Beach and for one reason or another I didn't take any photos of our stay there... but I did pick up the usual maps and business cards and stuff. So I thought I had enough to work on, especially as we actually had some of our best meals in Cocoa Beach and this way I can remember the name of the restaurants and recommend them or even visit again! Note the fantastic journaling tag, made just for me by my friend Lynsey.



Finally, a cute layout celebrating our arrival in Ft Lauderdale. It was so nice to work on such a sunny and warm layout on a day that was almost the opposite of that around here... I experimented a little on this layout and used my Gel white pen to outline the sticker letters. I think it looks quite nice but it is unnerving to have to wait until the ink is dry to see what it actually looks like. This is probably why I don't use this pen often enough. I made a few more layouts during the crop but I just simply didn't photograph them! Hopefully this is a good sample of what the vacation album is beginning to look like.

Comments

Gemma said…
You really did have a productive day. Great pages :)
barmyowlscoo said…
Great LOs, looks like you had ton of fun.
Unknown said…
Some great LO's. Looks like you had a great day.
Jazzy1972 said…
Great blog and I am loving the disney lo's looks like great fun was had by all.

Jay xx
Loved the LOs, brought back many happy memories.
jay670120 said…
What fun L/Os and great little memories to share xxxx Fabby x
Lauren said…
These are great layouts. The post spoils us with so much eye candy. That Cocoa Beach layout is just awesome!
Sarah said…
fab layouts - love the Mickeys, are they Cricut ones?

Samuel is such a big boy now!!!
Claudia said…
I think they are Cricut Mickeys, not 100% sure. They were a gift from a friend and I'm not sure which cutting system she used to make them but aren't they COOL?

Popular posts from this blog

Copacabana: mystery solved

Milton Keynes street names

Running around Bancroft - photo blog